Monday, November 29, 2010

Tom's of Maine Toothpaste review


I have been a bzzagent for awhile now and was recently given the opportunity to test toothpaste by Tom's of Maine.  I jumped at the chance since this product is more natural than other toothpastes on the market and since I'm trying to get away from harmful chemicals this company has been on my radar.

I have been using Tom's of Main Wicked Fresh toothpaste, cool peppermint flavor.  At first I was a bit worried since I have sensitive teeth and in the past if I have used a non-sensitive toothpaste for more than a couple of days my teeth would get really sensitive.  I'm happy to report that I've been using this toothpaste for a couple of weeks and have had no issues like that.  The sensitivity I have is roughly the same as when I'm using a sensitive toothpaste.  I also looked on their website and they do have a sensitive toothpaste, so I'll definitly be trying that one in the future.

I was also worried that the taste would bother me.  Any time I have tried to use a more natural toothpaste in the past I haven't been able to handle the taste.  I suppose I should have a disclaimer here and let you know that I'm very picky when it comes to tastes and a lot of normal toothpastes I can't handle either.  While I can't say this toothpaste has the best taste, it's actually pretty good.  It's a lot better than I expected and I'm able to handle it with no problems.  This is a major plus for me.

One of the reasons I wanted to review this product on my blog is because it is a more natural toothpaste and the company is environmentally friendly too, which makes me want to support them and tell you all about them.

This toothpaste does contain fluoride in order to help fight cavities however it DOES NOT contain alcohol or any other artificial ingredients.  Heck, the company even lists all their ingredients on their website and tells you the purpose and the source for the ingredient.

I recommend checking out the company's stewardship model too.   Here's a brief glimpse of what you can find mentioned in their stewardship model and why I recommend this company:
No animal testing or ingredients
Sustainable practices are a priority
NO artificial colors, flavors, fragrance, or preservatives
They use recycled materials and their packaging is recyclable

I also like that this product is very easy to find, I've seen it at my local grocery stores and mass merchandise stores.  I do believe I've seen coupons for this brand as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the picture you have as your header! Just found you thru the Holiday Bloganza and started following you. Hope you can stop by and take a peek at my new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EatCreateDecorate - Thanks! That's one of my favorite pictures of my dog. Thanks for following..I'm off to check out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete