Monday, April 4, 2011

Get Fit Monday - week of March 28th

Sorry everyone, I sorta skipped doing my post last week.  Never fear...you get my fitness babble this week.

As far as getting in workouts..that went well.  I just didn't feel awesome with every workout.

Monday - I took my first yoga class in something like 7 or 8 years.  It was ok.  Felt like we spent too much time meditating in the beginning and not doing enough poses.  But..first class so we'll see how it goes. I think I need to do yoga so I'll stick with it for awhile and if I need to find another place, I will.

Tuesday - Ran 4.23 miles in 36.3 minutes.  I did a surge for the last .23 and was super tired but think it will help in the long run.

Wednesday - I did a strength training workout, P90X Shoulders and back

Thursday - I did the same loop as Tuesday and this time in 37 min. A tad longer but still good.  I also did the surge at the end again and felt proud of myself for doing it.

Friday - spin class!  That's the thing I missed telling you all about.  The week before I started taking a spinning class.  So far I'm loving it!  It's tough and I can't do all the standing cycling but when I can't stand and cycle I increase my resistance and try to peddle faster.  I definitely see myself continuing with the spinning class for a long time. 

Saturday - threat of thunder storms on Sunday so instead of resting on Saturday I went for my long run.  My planned 6 miles turned into 4.  At first I was upset with this but my ankle and heel were hurting and I was tired.  I felt it best to stop at four and let my body rest. I think doing all the workouts with no rest really effected my run.

Sunday - rest!  Finally!!!

What's up for this week?  Well, my first ever half marathon is on the 10th!  Yikes! I'm nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment