Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe

This is another recipe that I saw on Pinterest and pinned for the future.  Husband was off work one day last week and must have been looking up recipes on the internet because when I went to use the ipad later that night and opened up the internet browser, I was greeted with a recipe.  I looked at it, then switched to pinterest and my board of dessert recipes I want to try and had him browse it. He decided on this recipe.

After making it, I'm torn.  It was super easy to make.  I mean, you can't really get any easier than this.  I think it does taste like a chocolate chip cookie.  I think I just don't see the point in making this over a chocolate chip cookie. Maybe because it's easier?  I don't know.   It is very tasty. I could see making this and taking it somewhere if I wanted to bring an easy dessert but wanted it to be a bit fancier than regular chocolate chip cookies.    As for just making it for us for at home, I probably won't do it again.

The recipe was posted on Bakerella's blog.  (It's also where I stole the photo).

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Serve with ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy
Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar.  Beat in butter.
Stir in morsels and nuts.  Spoon into Pie shell
Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve Warm

Recipe from Nestle Classic Recipes, 2003


No comments:

Post a Comment