Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Green Blog Hop


(Please click on the picture for more info and if you are interested in participating)


For this week's Green Blog Hop, I have a question for you.

What do you do with purses once you no longer use them but they aren't in good enough condition to give to goodwill or sell?  I have a couple that are starting to fall apart.  I don't want to throw them away but they I can't sell them.  I don't want to donate them because they are falling apart and I assume those places would just throw them away once they realized that.   

Any idea's?   I'm planning to do a search online, but figured I would ask on the Green Blog Hop in hopes somebody has a solution that they have used and would recommend.

6 comments:

  1. Is there anything you could use the fabric for? I hate throwing things away too. Sometimes there's no life left in something though.

    Perhaps if you leave comments on other blogs, you will get more followers? Have you done that? I'm just confused why the others are not following. =)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wife - unfortunately..I don't think there is anything I could re-use the fabric for with the purse. I do hate to throw it away..but I think I might have to. I've left comments on several others and followed some..think I forgot to follow some and just left comments though. I figure eventually I'll hit every blog that does it and increase followers. Till..then..I'll ramble on in cyberspace. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would offer them on freecycle.com ... it's a great site for giving and receiving free items ... things that we'd like to keep out of a landfill. It's always amazing, to me, what other people can make use of ... I'm not very creative but many are. Anyway, if you offer it on freecycle, you can describe exactly the condition of the purses and who knows ... maybe some creative person will grab them.

    BTW ... thanks for following Reduce Footprints! I'm following you now, too! Looks like you have a wonderful blog here!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I am a new follower of your blog. Please stop on by. Have a wonderful day!
    Alissia
    http://tips4green.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small Footprints - freecycle! (followed by a slap on my forehead) I totally didn't think of that...great idea! I've used freecycle before and have been surprised with the items people took off my hands. Great idea.

    tips4green - Thanks for stopping by! I'll be checking out your blog in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower via Green Hop! :-D Great "meeting" you! :-)

    ReplyDelete