Monday, January 31, 2011

Get Fit Monday

One of the green blogs I follow, Journey to Green, has a Get Fit Monday feature.  This is one of the blogs that gave me the idea to do my own workout update's on Mondays.  I asked Journey to Green if I could snag her tag and link back to her blog and she readily agreed.


As for my workouts, how did I do this past week?  Not so well, but I have a good excuse.

I did work out last Monday and Wednesday.  I ran both days and did pretty good.  My pace on Wednesday was back up to my normal pace, below 9min/mile and I was really happy with that.

However that's all I did.  It was a bummer, too, because this past Friday and Saturday were actually warmer than normal for St. Louis and would have been wonderful running days.  Saturday would have been a wonderful day to go to  Castlewood and work on increasing my miles from 6 to 9 on the hills. I think I could have done it, although it would have been slow.

I did have a good excuse though, I had an out-patient surgery performed on Thursday morning.  No worries, I'm ok, it was just something that had to be done.  I'm feeling ok, a but achy, but ok.  I just can't lift anything heavy for several weeks and had to take several days off from running.  I hope to run later this week, but we'll see.  We are expecting a horrible ice and snow storm starting today and ending on Wednesday.  If we get the snow they are calling for, I won't be able to run outside.  My hope is that I will feel good enough to run at the park this weekend, slow going and low mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment