Monday, March 7, 2011

Get Fit Monday - week of 2/28 - 3/6

Get Fit Monday is hosted by Journey to Green

Last week was back to normal for me. I was off of my racing high and back into freak mode. I've officially started training for my first ever half marathon. Just call me crazy.

I didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday, still recovering from the run the previous Saturday.

I finally got out and ran on Wednesday and then again on Friday. Light runs, only 4 miles each.  I was working on transitioning to a minimalist shoe and that's causing my calves to be sore. I have since decided to wait until after the half though since there is no way I would be ready to run 13.1 miles in the minimalist shoe by April 9th.

Thursday I did the Insanity upper body workout.  Definitely disappointed in it. I like the p90x upper body workouts a lot better so I'll start using those again. I felt like I didn't work very much. Due to the moves we were doing in Insanity, he combined a couple different moves to do together, so I had to use a lower weight for all of it.  If the moves had been separated, I could have used my normal, higher weight, for one move and then gone to the lower weight for the move that I needed it for.  

On Saturday I worked out with Husband and he selected the Insanity Max Interval Plyo workout. It was a killer! I wasn't happy with his choice though, I had to do a long run Sunday and didn't need to do that kind of leg workout the day before. I told him that from now on, until after the half at least, no more plyo. 

Sunday I attempted 10 miles..and did it!  Woohoo! I am right on schedule with training for the half.  I ran at a different local park than my normal due to the rain we had Friday, I knew my local park would be too muddy. I ran at Queeny park and still got in a bunch of tough hills.  I did 10 miles in  1hr 33 min, a pace of 9:18. I'm very excited about that. My goal for the half is to do it with (or under) a 9:30min/mile pace. The route is mostly flat..so if I keep working on hills and keep my pace where it was on Sunday..I think I'll be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment