Friday, March 11, 2011

Practically Green - an update

I took some time and played around on the Practically Green site trying to see just how green I truly am.  I have to admit, it was a lot of fun.

I clicked on each of the 4 actions and went through each suggestion under them and either marked it as done, added it to my plan, or marked it as not applicable.

Here's how my numbers were after taking the survey:
water - 30
energy - 79
health - 430
stuff - 460

Here's how my numbers were after updating each suggestion:
water - 55
energy - 1910
health - 1215
stuff - 800

Other than my water, which is rather embarrassing, everything else really jumped up and I'm very happy about it.  I went from being fairly green to being wicked green. I like the sound of that.

I have a huge list of things on the planned list. Several I'm already planning to do this Spring, such as start composting, plant veggies, etc.  Others are things that I'm going to be more aware of when I'm shopping, such as buying organic cotton towels and sheets when next needed.  I also have a long list of stuff on the health side I already planned to make changes with, but have to use up when I've already bought first.  Such as using healthier cleaning supplies and beauty supplies.

One of the other fun things about Practically green is that you can compare yourself to your friends, if they are on the site..and yes I facebooked bout this and hope others join, and also others in your area.  I'm proud to announce I'm the most green in my area. Although I suppose I have to admit I'm the only one in my are on the website. lol!   You can also see over-all leaders and compare how you are doing. I'm way behind the leaders but that's ok. That just means I have a lot of things I can improve on.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of practically ggreen; thanks for the heads up - I'm going to check it out. Congrats on your numbers and I love the idea of being wickedly green' so much more fun than 'dark green'!
    Love your plans for growing food and composting. enjoy the healthier cleaning supplies too, some of them are really great and you feel good about cleaning when you use them - how about that for a positive side effect LOL!

    Mrs green @littlegreenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae - I love being wicked green, has a great ring to it don't you think?

    I think I should have planted my seeds by now, so even though I'm going to be late doing it, I've bought the seeds and plan to do it this weekend. We'll see if I actually get my lettuce to grow. My brother-in-law gave me some potato's that they had started to grow inside too...so I'll have to play with those as well.

    ReplyDelete