Monday, March 21, 2011

Get Fit Monday - week of March 14th

Hosted by Journey To Green
Lats week was not a good workout week.  I'm not sure exactly why. I don't know if I was pushing too hard and my body was telling me to back off or if I was just mentally not with it.  

I ran on Wednesday, I did 4.1 miles in 35.3 min.  I didn't run again until Friday.  I didn't really want to run on Friday but knew I had to. I ran 3.5 miles in 30.4 min Friday.   I did an Insanity workout on Saturday, didn't push myself too much because it was a lot of cardio and leg work and I didn't want to be fatigued for Sunday.

Sunday...was a disappointment.  I had planned to do 12 miles in preparation for my first ever half marathon.  12 turned into 4.   I wanted to stop within 10 min of starting my run.  I don't know if it was because of the heat (I think it was around 80 when I was outside...and to think I woke up to snow on Monday).  I don't know if it's because I'm freaking out about my upcoming run. I don't know.  All I know is that I wanted to stop almost right away and pushed myself to finish 4 miles without walking.  I did the 4 miles in 39 min.  

Of course, now I'm freaking out that I can't really do 13.1 miles and what if it's warm on the day of the race, etc.  Lots of mental anxiety right now.  I tell myself that if I can do 12 this coming weekend, then I'll be ok.  I'm really nervous about doing that 12.  eek!

On a brighter note, I decided attending regular yoga classes would probably be a good thing. Hopefully this will help solve a lot of the injuries I keep having (issues with my back, pulled muscles, etc).  I researched it and found that a local sports complex offers a class pass that's $50 for 10 classes.  It was the cheapest I found and the closest location, it's only 1.5 miles from my house.  They have a yoga class at 7:40 pm on Tuesday nights and I plan to try attending that one weekly.  We'll see how well that goes.  My husband asked if they had spinning classes and suggested I take one of those. He thinks I'll like it.  He also said it would be a good way to start building up my biking ability if I plan to do a short triathlon.  The pass will count towards spinning classes and there are two each week in the morning, 5:45 am, that I could take before I actually go to work.   So...I'm going to plan on trying one of those too. I haven't decided if I'll try one this week or wait until after my race. 

2 comments:

  1. Great progress! That's awesome.... that's pretty cheap, best of luck!
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJR - Thanks! The classes are pretty cheap, I'm happy to report that I took a spinning class yesterday and loved it! The yoga class I missed, I kept thinking it was on Tuesdays but it's really on Mondays. oops.

    ReplyDelete