Monday, November 7, 2011

I am not a vampire

It's been months (except for 1 day due to drugs) since I've slept through the night. I was beginning to think I had been bitten and turned into a vampire, except that I'm still able to function in daylight.   I checked to see if I had become sparkly without knowing it or was somehow wearing new jewelry that would allow me to live in daylight, but both are false.   I'm pretty sure I'm not a vampire.  So that leaves me back to questioning why I'm not sleeping.

When I say it's been months, I do mean months. I started having trouble sleeping in July.  This is different from my normal sleep issues, which consisted of constantly waking up but going back to sleep and then waking up for good anytime after 4am.    Now I'm waking up anytime from 10:30 pm -12:30am.  This means I'm getting 2-4 hours per night.  I'm not falling back asleep.   For a couple of months I functioned pretty well like this, those days are over. It's showing at work. I have a bad temper anyway, now I'm having trouble controling it.

I did talk to a dr. recently and was given a prescription to Ambien.  The first night I took it, I slept 8 hours. It was awesome.  Since then, I've only managed to get 4 hours of sleep using the pill.  Last night I thought I was smart, I went to bed when I was tired and didn't take the pill.  When I woke up at 10:30, after 2 hours, I took the pill. I slept another 4 hours. I felt rested.   While I'm not supposed to take the pill every night, perhaps if I remember this I can at least gett a decent nights sleep every other night.

If I notice a couple of sharp teeth and that my skin starts to burn in the daylight, I'll let you know.  The vampire conversion process is finally coming to an end.  Until then, I guess I'll just deal with the insomnia as best I can.  Perhaps I'll go online and try to make some vampire friends so we can chat at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment