Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mastercard + cloth diapers?

I don't normally watch commercials.  I'm one of the millions in love with their DVR because I can record all my programs and watch them later, when I can skip adds.  However dealing with insomnia often finds me watching tv when most people are asleep. This means I'm watching, or listening, to a lot of commercials.

I just happened to catch a MasterCard commercial and I was just staring at the screen, not really paying attention, when I noticed something.  The toddler in the commercial is wearing a cloth diaper.  At least I assume it's a cloth diaper.  It certainly looks like the toddler is probably in a pre-folder with a cover.  I was surprised and then excited.  It's so nice to see a commercial for a major company showing this.  I don't know how many will notice that it's not a disposable.  I don't know how many who do notice will bother thinking "hmm..that's not a disposable. It's cloth. Let me look into this."   However, it's a start.  Even if the commercial gets one person to think about cloth and make the switch to cloth, it's worth it.  I can only hope this will be a trend and we'll see this more often.

Here's the commercial in case you haven't seen it yet. Not that I'm promoting the company, they aren't paying me for this, but it sure would be nice if they did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment