Sunday, January 8, 2012

Motivation

I really want to get into triathlons.  I wanted to do a sprint tri last year and wasn't able to since I didn't have a road bike. I actually still don't have a road bike but I'm hoping to complete my first indoor tri within the next couple of months actually.  Fingers crossed I feel well enough and baby cooporates.  

While I plan to start off with a sprint tri because the distances are all relatively low and I feel it's a great way to get my feet wet with this sport I have to admit that to one day even train for an Ironman is a dream of mine.  I mean, I have to like tri's first, so doing a couple sprint tri's will let me know if I want to continue with this pipe dream.  But if I do find that I like them I plan to do an Olympic distance and possibly a half-ironman once baby girl is bigger. 

A full ironman, most days that seems like a pipe dream. It seems like something I could NEVER do.  These athletes are crazy!  Ok..actually I don't think they are crazy, I think they are AMAZING.   Anybody wyo can swim 2.4 miles, then bike 112 miles, then run 26.2 miles is amazing.  Shoot, anybody who trains to do that and goes for it is worthy in my opinion.

The below video is very motivating for me. It's people who are at their breaking point but they keep trying. They Try to finish something they started. I think we can all learn from that.  I also have a feeling if I ever compete in an  ironman I'll make it on a video like this one. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment