Saturday, February 11, 2012

Astrology - is there some truth to it?

I'm not somebody who follows my astrology or puts much stock in it. Yet sometimes it comes up in conversation with people and I always look up what I am, Libra, and while not everything describes me it's pretty crazy how much does.

Recently I was talking to somebody about Chinese Astrology and how we're both going to have kids born in the year of the dragon. I had to look up with that sign even meant.  While I was at it I decided to see what my sign was and was rather surprised.   This shit is just crazy.

My Chinese astrology is the horse.  Sure there is a lot in the description that I don't feel fits me (I could be wrong) but I was shocked by how much was on point.  It was also weird how I realized a lot of the issues I've been having lately are kinda summed up in this sign, maybe me feel a bit better and like I'm not completely off my rocker.

According to www.astrology.com, "Horses are the nomads of the Chinease Zodiac, roaming from one place or project to the next. All the Sign's incessant activity and searching may be to satisfy a deep-rooted desire to fit in".  Um..yup. It also says that Horses tend to feel "inferior to their peers, a misconception that causes them to drift from group to group out of an irrational fear of being exposed as a fraud."  I can't say the last part is correct but I definitely feel inferior to almost everyone in my life.  It doesn't matter what it is, I always feel like I'm a step behind and not as good as the other person.  So this one is so very true.

One part I found funny was that "Horses crave love and intimacy, which is a double-edged sword since it often leads them to feel trapped". God that is so freaking true.  I crave the intimacy part of a relationship but then I'll turn around and want to be left alone to do my own thing.  It then says "Love connections tend to come easily to Horses, since they exude the kind of raw sex appeal that is a magnet to others. This sign tends to come on strong in the beginning of the relationship, having an almost innate sense of romance and seduction".  Really?  This is so not me.  Somehow I missed the whole sex appeal thing.  I doubt anybody has ever looked at me or thought of me and thought I had it.  Me and sex appeal have never been in the same sentence, at least not with a positive spin. I'm sure somebody has mentioned how I don't have it.

If you haven't looked up your Chinese Zodiac in awhile, give it a shot. If nothing else it might surprise you how eerily accurate it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment