Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fudge Revel Bars

I haven't posted a recipe in awhile so I thought I would make your day and do that!  Of course, after you read this recipe and click on the link to see the pictures you might hate me. It would be a love/hate relationship though.  Your taste buds will love me, your stomach/thighs/arse might not. haha!

I have to admit I've had this recipe for awhile but only made it for the first time several months ago. As my husband says, it basically tastes like one big gooy chocolate chip cookie.  What's not to love?

I got the recipe for these from Mandy's Recipe Box.   I'm stealing her picture, but since her blog name is on it I think it's ok.  Plus I'm giving her credit.



After looking at that, what's not to love!  Oh..and my profile picture?  I'm wearing the baby and making these. Perfect!

It wouldn't be right if I didn't give you some tips.  First, look at the directions and you'll see that it really isn't hard at all. It's a very simple recipe.  Second, my only tip, I have one of those non-stick pads that you put on cookie sheets so cookies and stuff don't stick. I just put one of those on my cookie sheet and then I don't have to spray it or anything.  After I cut it into bars they peel right off. So if you have one, I recommend using it.   Third, I don't use a jelly role pan. I do use just a normal cookie sheet.  For the simple reason that I don't have a jelly role pan. haha

Here's the recipe:

Fudge Revel Bars
1 c. butter
2 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. quick oats
Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Add the vanilla. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix. Add oats and mix well. Press 2/3 of the dough into a greased cookie sheet with edges (aka jelly roll pan. It's about 10x15 or so).

Fudgey Goodness
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetended Condensed Milk
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp salt
Put all into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute and stir. Keep cooking at 30 second increments and stirring until melted. Pour over the dough and spread out. Sprinkle the rest of the dough over the fudge. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment