Monday, April 18, 2011

Get Fit Monday - April 10th - 16th


Last week was, for the most part, a recovery week for me.    On Sunday the 10th I competed in my first ever half marathon.  I'm working on a longer post about that one (keep forgetting to add pictures to it).    I had decided to take the rest of the week off, for the most part.   

I did go to yoga on Monday and at my request (heck..the instructor asked for suggestions) we did a lot of leg work and it felt awesome.   

Tuesday and Wednesday I took off.  

Thursday I started playing indoor soccer again. I had been playing it for, oh, 6 months until my team couldn't find enough girls and had to stop in January. I found another team though and I'm back to playing for at least 6 more weeks.  Depending on how friendly the people are and how comfortable I am playing with them will determine if I play the next session.  Or if the husband agrees to let me join a gym I might have to take some time off from soccer since soccer and the gym would both be costing some $$$$$$. 

Friday I attended a spin class and Saturday I took another rest day.  Ok, so I had planned to run Saturday but it was freaking cold and I couldn't get up enough nerve to go running outside in that darn cold weather!

So there you have it!   Didn't do to much, but it was just what I needed to get my head back on track and my body ready to get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment